Mental health, your keys to a healthy lifestyle
When maintaining mental and psychological health, we work to choose the right path, where we can improve our mental and psychological health by trying different things that help us feel more positive and energetic.
It is the general health of how to think and regulate feelings and behaviors, which affect a person’s feeling, interaction and adaptation to life and its events, enjoying good mental health helps to relax and feel more positive and energetic to move forward in this life.
Keeping the mind active is an important factor in maintaining mental health by doing things like reading, working on puzzles, and playing thought-provoking games, such as chess.
The term psychological health includes many feelings such as happiness, satisfaction, self‑confidence, and self-esteem, and it does not mean not to be exposed to difficulties, but it means the ability of a person to cope with times of hardships and work to overcome them successfully, psychological health is an integral part of health.
According to the World Health Organization, psychological health is a state of wellness in which an individual can dedicate his abilities to, adapt to normal types of stress, work with dedication and effectiveness, and contribute to his or her community.
Steps to maintain mental and psychological health
5 Steps to maintain mental and psychological health
We can improve mental and psychological health by trying different things that help you feel more positive and able to get the most out of life.
- Maintain social relationships and communicate with others
Social relationships help maintain mental health as they build a sense of belonging and self-esteem, and there are many things that can be done to help build stronger and closer relationships such as:
- Dedicating enough time to spend with the family on a daily basis.
- Eat with a coworker or friend.
- Caring about kinship and visiting family members.
- Volunteer to help others.
- Make the most of technology to keep in touch with friends and family.
- Maintain physical activity
Physical activity is beneficial for maintaining fitness, and it also improves mental and psychological health by:
- Raising a person’s self-respect.
- Helps set and achieve goals.
- Causes chemical changes in the mind that positively change mood.
- To stay healthy, adults should get 150 minutes of moderate physical activity on a weekly basis.
- Learn new skills
When a person learns new skills, they have taken a good step towards improving their mental and psychological health, and some things you can try include:
- Learn new cooking recipes.
- Try to take on a new responsibility at work and provide assistance to co-workers.
- Work on learning a new language.
- Try new hobbies, such as writing, playing a new sport or learning to draw.
- Remember to work smarter and not harder
Working smart means prioritizing work, and focusing on tasks that will make a real difference.
- Try to be positive and grateful for what is happening around you
Look for positives in life and things you’re grateful for, like writing down three things that went well and you’re grateful for at the end of each day.
- Nhs, 06 November 2019, Mental Health, Electronic Version available at:
- Nhs, 28 February 2019, How to Be Happier, Electronic Version available at:
- Mayo clinic, 14 December 2021, Mental Health: What’s normal, what’s not, Electronic Version available at:
- World Health Organization (WHO), 30 March 2018, Mental Health Strengthening Our Response, Electronic Version available at: