Why would you breastfeed him (1)?
You will breastfeed him for the benefits that will accrue directly to your baby, the most important of which are:
- Breast milk is the best food for the baby and helps proper growth and psychological and mental development.
- Breast milk is clean and free of bacteria, and contains live white blood cells that help fight diseases.
- Breastfeeding provides the necessary immunity to the infant, and protects him from: gastrointestinal diseases, diarrhea, respiratory diseases, middle ear infections, allergy problems and sudden death of newborns.
- The close connection between mother and child, which increases the child’s ability to make educational achievement in the future.
- Providing him with a balanced, nutritious and suitable food for the period of his growth, especially during the first six months of his life, as breast milk contains:
- Enough water for the baby even in hot weather.
- Varying amounts of iron, salt, calcium, and phosphate, sufficient for his needs during this age.
- Amount of lipase enzyme that helps digest fats.
- The most suitable types of proteins and fats for the child and in the required quantities.
- Adequate vitamins for the infant that help for better growth, especially with regard to jaw, speech and teeth.